Tuesday 13 January 2009

Sri Lanka to Scotland Jan 09






 Summer 2007



Paul and Ina with Abigail and Hannah have returned to Scotland in December after 5 years in Sri Lanka and Paul has taken up an appointment as priest at an Episcopal church in Aberdeen. Paul was curate of St Paul's Church Kandy, the largest church in Kurungala Diocese of Church of Ceylon and also latterly combined this with his role Rural Dean. In the wake of the Tsunami Ina founded a dicoesan counselling ministry called Shakti which the diocese is planning to continue and develop. Just before they left Bishop Kumara Illangasing wrote to Adrian in an email,
"Thank you so much once again for all your help. I have had very good conversations with Paul, Ina and the family. I recently visited them at home and bid farewell. It was a wonderful opportunity that I had to pray with them and commend them to the next stage of their lives and ministry back in the UK. I do hope to keep in touch with them and as I have always mentioned to you, Paul and Ina made a tremendous contribution to the life of St. Paul's and the Diocese. I am most grateful. "






Ina, Bishop Kumar and Shakti

No comments: