I have been reading a book recommended by a colleague: Mapping Dialogue: Essential Tools for Social Change by Marianne Mille Bojer, Heiko Roehl, Marianne Knuth, Colleen Magner (Taos 2008)
This is a practical book of tools for consultancy with many ideas and suggestions
- “conference designed as a coffee break’
- ‘Networked conversation modelled on natural communication’
These are great for finding new ways fo constructing dialogues and getting people involved in real conversations to being about transformation. World cafe is now becoming well established as an alternative conference structure.
You can read a book review or better still the whole book is shared online on scribd.com. This remarkable site hosts thousands of online books on a whole range of subjects. And its all FREE
is described as 'the world's largest community of readers' where you can:
- DISCOVER fun or functional writings and documents on any subject – explore by category, by browsing or just typing in a search topic.
- SHARE your own writings and documents – dust off all that great content on your hard drive or in print. Then check back for comments and analytics on how many people have read or downloaded your doc.
- DISCUSS topics of interest to you - leave comments on other people’s documents, join groups and express yourself.