Saturday 25 July 2009

The Sick Rose William Blake




William Blake is famous for his many illiustrations  but also his poems : 


O Rose, thou art sick!
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night,
In the howling storm,

Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy;
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy.



This poem was shared by someone some time back in a consultancy group I attend. All sorts of Freudian interpretations must I am sure abound (see  Wikipedia for some interpretations) . But I thought it might be appropriate in these days of swine flu and gnawing doubt in our society. Witness the obsessive attack by the press over expenses claims and the gnawing away at confidence in our MPs durring that particular 'howling storm'.  And then there is the erosion of confidence in the established Anglican church and the endless debates over sexuality. 
These certainly seem to destroy life.

So since its been sitting on my Blog unposted posts for ages, like a little worm, I thought I'd better post it now........ 


No comments: