Produced to resource the mission community, Encounters Mission Ezine is a topical mission magazine / mission journal published online every two months. Encounters is a place to discuss issues being faced in mission and provides a unique space where those involved in mission can respond and express their views.
Crucial Issues facing Asian Mission ed Kang San Tan a variety of issues facing Asian missions reflected through different approaches spanning North Asia, South Asia and South East Asia You can download the full issue or individual articles
- Article 1: The Problem of an Alien Jesus for Asian Christianity with Special Reference to Chinese Buddhists.
(Dr Kang San Tan, 3782 words)
- Article 2: Mind the Gap: The Ongoing Need for Language Learning in Missions Training.
(Dr Paul Woods, 2963 words)
- Article 3: There and Back Again: Reading an Exilic Text for the Post 1987 Operation Lallang Malaysian Church.
(Rev Anthony Loke, 2522 words)
- Article 4: Reconciliation as Mission.
(Rev Dr Pervaiz Sultan, 2299 words)
- Article 5: The Malaysian Dilemma: Where is the Racially Reconciled Community?
(Peter Rowan, 1661 words)
- Article 6: The South Asian Diaspora: A Missed Opportunity?
(Robin Thomson, 2549 words)
- Article 7: The Growth of Christianity in Asia and its Impact on Mission.
(Dr Julie Ma, 2730 words)
- Book Review 1: A History of Christianity in Asia.
(By Samuel Hugh Moffett; Orbis Books)
- Book Review 2: Shining Like Stars: The Power of the Gospel in the World's Universities.
(By Lindsay Brown; Inter-Varsity Press)
ezine No 24 (Jun 08)
Partnership issues in Asian Misison ed Jonathan Ingleby consiting of the papers at the Redcliffe/OMF/CMS conference Growing Asian Mission Movements: Issues and Models for Partnership You can download the full issue or individual articles
- Article 1: China and Beyond: Issues, Trends and Opportunities - The Redcliffe Lecture in World Christianity, 2008.
(Dr Patrick Fung, 7507 words)
- Article 2: Asian Mission Movements from South Asian Contexts.
(Robin Thomson, 3031 words)
- Article 3: Who is in the Driver's Seat? A critique of mission partnership models between Western missions and East Asian mission movements.
(Dr Kang-San Tan, 3060 words)
- Article 4: Mission Asia: Practical Models in Mission Partnership - a summary.
(Dr Patrick Fung, 2083 words)
- Article 5: Mission in Partnership: A Response.
(Mark Oxbrow, 722 words)
- Article 6: Reflections on a Conference: Putting partnership at the top of the agenda.
(Dr Jonathan Ingleby, 640 words)
- Article 7: A Dilemma for Obedience: An analysis of Japanese Christian Ethics in Silence by Shusaku Endo.
(Rev Shuma Iwai, 3431 words)
- Book Review 1: Just Walk With Me: A True Story of Inner-City Youth Work.
(by Jude Simpson and e:merge; Authentic Media)
- Book Review 2: The New Conspirators: Creating the Future One Mustard Seed at a Time by Tom Sine.
(by Tom Sine; Inter-Varsity Press, USA)