Wednesday 23 May 2012

MacChurch ? make that i-Church


 I posted a tweet: ‎10 Things Churches Can Learn from Apple Stores | http://t.co/1dqk08e2 #MacChurch or should it be iChurch 

The blog   was based on  an article about the success of Apple Stores, but the blogger had re-interpreted the principles in the church context, which were for me the fascinating bits...
10 Things You Can Learn From the Apple Store, by Guy Kawasaki.
My friend, Carmine Gallo, has written a book called The Apple Experience: Secrets to Building Insanely Great Customer Loyalty. The Apple Store is the most profitable retailer in America, generating an average of $5,600 per square foot and attracting more than 20,000 visitors a week.
 
 a cynical friend responded on Facebook 
22 May at 20:33 · · 2
Mike Burke



 1. Make your church twice as expensive as all others 

2. Make your Church totally incompatible with other brands. 
3. When someone complains about the sermon, tell them they they must be the cause of the problems because everything is perfect from our end. 
4. Assemble all the parts cheaply & dangerously elsewhere & then sell it here as something valuale & beautiful. 
5. Embue all your users with a smugness & brand superiority. 
6. Rubbish all alternative versions of church. 
7. Re-invent what you are doing every 18 months so that people feel ashamed about using the obsolete model. 
8. Wear a pollo neck jumper & eat sushi. 
9. Don't challenge the genuis of the brand, this really is the only show in town. 
10.....need I say more,... I'm just a hypocrite - I would happily buy Apple products if I could afford them. Please disregard all of the above!
 
 For some reason this made me think of the I'm a Christ Follower clip on YouTube,a parody of the MAc vs PC adverts, There is a series of 7 in all) 
 I'm a Christ Follower (Mac vs. PC Parody) Part 01

No comments: