10 Things You Can Learn From the Apple Store, by Guy Kawasaki.
My friend, Carmine Gallo, has written a book called The Apple Experience: Secrets to Building Insanely Great Customer Loyalty. The Apple Store is the most profitable retailer in America, generating an average of $5,600 per square foot and attracting more than 20,000 visitors a week.
1. Make your church twice as expensive as all others
2. Make your Church totally incompatible with other brands.
3. When someone complains about the sermon, tell them they they must be the cause of the problems because everything is perfect from our end.
4. Assemble all the parts cheaply & dangerously elsewhere & then sell it here as something valuale & beautiful.
5. Embue all your users with a smugness & brand superiority.
6. Rubbish all alternative versions of church.
7. Re-invent what you are doing every 18 months so that people feel ashamed about using the obsolete model.
8. Wear a pollo neck jumper & eat sushi.
9. Don't challenge the genuis of the brand, this really is the only show in town.
10.....need I say more,... I'm just a hypocrite - I would happily buy Apple products if I could afford them. Please disregard all of the above!