Thursday 13 August 2009

'Do you see the missionary dog?' Istanbul, Aug 3rd












"In a bizarre show of Turkish nationalism, a young Muslim here took a Christian Turk at knife point, draped his head with the national flag and threatened to slit the throat of the “missionary dog” in broad daylight earlier this week." (Compass Direct News Service)
 
You can read the Full story here:  

The experience obviously had a big effect on the Christian Turk, Aydin, who said: 

“On Aug. 3 I died and was reborn,” said Aydin. “That was my date of death and birth. I was sure I was going to die. It’s like a new opportunity, a new life. I really think the Lord gave me a second chance, because if you think of it, after other events, like Hrant Dink or the Malatya killings, those brothers weren’t so fortunate, right?”

 
 

No comments: