Tuesday 16 December 2008

Postcards from the edge - sacred:space December 08


Gala Contemplating the Mediterranean Sea which at Twenty Meters becomes a Portrait of Abraham Lincoln 



































In sacred:space using  postcards that 'chose us' we were encouraged to meditate for some time on a single image. 

This is the picture that chose me !   I found it on an  internet site of  Salvador Dali  paintings  and another where there is a review of this particular image.

It is a cubist picture of Dali's wife Gala looking out at mediterranean made of blocks or 'pixels'. I was initially distracted by both the nude and the cross  Only when the picture was 'out of focus' by squinting did I 'see' the other picture. Through not seeing the detail, but looking from afar. I discovered I needed to remove my specs to see from another perspective. There is a moral in there somewhere. 

No comments: